Animals - our friends
ECA CODE OF CONDUCT for Animals
* Whereas the European circus community is guaranteed the freedom to provide their services across the European Union and has the right to present animals as part of their artistic creation and cultural tradition;
* Whereas the European Parliament has recognized the classical circus, including the presentation of animals, as part of European culture;
* Whereas the presentation of animals in the circus is educational as well as entertaining, and furthers the public’s appreciation of the animals, their needs and their abilities;
* Taking into account that the ECA supports the establishment of appropriate laws to govern the care of all animals and believes that any form of animal abuse or mistreatment is wrong and should be fully prosecuted; and
*That the ECA supports and encourages efforts to protect and conserve endangered species, including public education and participation in breeding programmes and scientific studies that promote the survival of these species in the wild.,
To maintain their good standing, ECA Members must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines concerning animal health and welfare as well as the following:
ECA Circus Animal Fund
Partnering with Animals in the Classical Circus
First seen in London more than two hundred years ago, the classical circus remains a vital part of European arts and culture. From the beginning, animals have been an integral part of travelling circus. Performing animals amaze and amuse millions of people with their natural beauty, and capabilities. Circus animals today are born in captivity in Europe but serve as ambassadors for their respective species in the wild.
The European Circus Association (ECA) requires all of its members working with animals to comply with its Code of Conduct. It also encourages its members to undertake activities to support conservation programs and efforts for the long-term survival of endangered species. ECA supports the establishment of good regulations for circus animals and strict enforcement of animal welfare laws. ECA has created and offers to goverments that lack applicable laws a Model Regulation for the Care, Transport and Presentation of Animals in the Circus.
Drobės g. 31 Kaunas
* Education classes;
* Interaktive lessons;
* Excursions at clowns and circus museum.
Orders and information mob.: 867016445